Sachin & Babi 'Penny'
- Condition: preowned
- Professionally Cleaned: yes
- Alterations: yes
- US Street Size: 06-08
- Dress Tag Size: 10
- Bust: 38
- Waist: 32
- Hips: 41
- Tallest Wearable Height: 5' 7"
- Color Family: Ivory
- Color: Ivory (Off-White)
- Fabric: polyester
- Silhouette: a line
- Neckline: v neck
- Features: pockets
- Dress Length: full
- Year Purchased: 2022
I LOVED my wedding dress! The subtle floral pattern and train were my favorite parts. I immediately felt beautiful and bridal when I tried it on! After alterations it fit me beautifully - a comfortable tightness in the chest and roomy enough at the waist so that I could breathe/eat/sit/dance comfortably.
I got married in June, and the dress felt pretty lightweight and airy, which was great. The plunging neckline is low, but not too low (once I shortened the straps) -- adding a small, sexy touch to the otherwise modest dress! This dress was so easy to dance in and twirled beautifully when my husband spun me during our first dance. I hope you love it as much as I did!!
Details: This dress is A-line with a "ballgown" feel, as it splays out beautifully at the waist and has a nice train. It is a beautiful off-white (listed as ivory - but don't worry - no yellow tint!) and has a gorgeous subtle floral pattern. Also - it has pockets! It has a crinoline underneath, which helps give the fuller skirt look. The dress has been professionally cleaned and has no stained.
- I wear a 36B and am 5'4" with no shoes. I wore 2 1/2" heels and had the dress hemmed to be just touching the floor with my heels on.
- I had the straps shortened (from shoulder to mid-nipple I measure approximately 10"). The straps are spaghetti and could easily be replaced if mine are too short for you. Too, there is a good 3" of leftover strap still in the dress, so you could re-lengthen the original straps if you want!
- I also had the waist taken out a little bit (I think just 1"). I may have also had the chest taken out just a tad (maybe 1/2") - but I can't remember!
- Additionally, I had cups sewn into the dress to give more support/structure for my bust. I added one clear button in the back for a traditional American bustle - this could easily be removed if you wanted something else.
- Originally, I added buttons down part of the back zipper, but had those removed. As a result, if you look closely you can see a few places where those buttons were sewn in -- but you have to look very closely!
Once you have placed your order the Seller will be notified. Nearly Newlywed will then check that the dress is authentic and matches to the seller's description. The item will then be shipped to you upon approval. Please allow up to three weeks for delivery.
This item is returnable as priced, less a $50 return fee. If using any promotional code for an additional % off, it will not be eligible for return. For more details on our returns policies please visit our FAQ.