Essense of Australia 'D2202'
- Condition: preowned
- Professionally Cleaned: yes
- Alterations: yes
- US Street Size: 04
- Dress Tag Size: 12
- Bust: 34B
- Waist: 26.5
- Hips: 31
- Tallest Wearable Height: 5' 2"
- Color Family: Ivory
- Color: Ivory
- Fabric: tulle
- Silhouette: fit to flare
- Neckline: sweetheart
- Dress Length: full
- Year Purchased: 2018
THE DRESS: Sweetheart neckline, semi sheer lace bodice with boning all with lace details that cascade to the hip area emphasizing and creating a more hourglass figure while transitioning to the Mikado silk bottom half. This fit and flare style dress has a long train that was emphasized by purchasing a cathedral-length veil. Silk buttons (faux button up, you only have to really secure a handful at the top) elongates this more dramatic silhouette.
DETAILS: I loved the nods to traditional with the lace detailing, but having the juxtaposition of Mikado silk elevated it to a more modern yet streamlined look while still remaining timeless. The semi-sheer bodice with lace overlay was that hint of 'sexy' without being overt and still remaining classy. The lace placement on the hips hit in just the right spot giving my hips that extra 'oomph'. On the bottom hem of the dress there are also strategically placed silk appliques to tie in everything happening in the bodice. Being only 5'0" I was afraid of something with so much fabric might envelop me and almost emphasize my small stature, but because it was more fitted it diffused what could have been overwhelming and gave me the right amount of drama without opting for a full ballgown.
- I had pads sewn into the bodice for a bit of lift and so I didn't have to wear a bra whatsoever.
- I'm a street size 4 and bought one size up, so the bodice was taken in an inch and some so it fits a slightly bigger size 4 and maybe a small 6?
- There is a french bustle added into the dress all color coded for easy bustling. I wore 3 inch heels and the dress cascades right over the floor being 5'-0".
- I also added a silk belt with some left over fabric from hemming + had my seamstress make it. It's not sewn into the dress.
Once you have placed your order the Seller will be notified. Nearly Newlywed will then check that the dress is authentic and matches to the seller's description. The item will then be shipped to you upon approval. Please allow up to 2-3 weeks for delivery.
This item is returnable as priced, less a $50 return fee. If using any promotional code for an additional % off, or you live outside the contiguous US, it will not be eligible for return. It is important to note that international buyers will be responsible for any import duties, taxes, or fees charged by their government via UPS upon arrival of the shipment.
For more details on our returns policies please visit our FAQ.