Essense of Australia 'D2810'
- Condition: preowned
- Professionally Cleaned: yes
- Alterations: yes
- US Street Size: 20
- Dress Tag Size: 24
- Bust: 50DDD
- Waist: 42
- Hips: 51
- Tallest Wearable Height: 5' 9"
- Color Family: Ivory
- Color: Ivory
- Fabric: tulle
- Silhouette: ball gown
- Neckline: v neck
- Dress Length: full
- Year Purchased: 2020
V-NECK BALL GOWN WEDDING DRESS WITH FLORAL TULLE SKIRT
This dress was a dream come true! It was so hard to find a stylish plus-size dress, and I finally found this one! I received so many compliments on it during the wedding.
When buying the dress, I wanted a little more 'sparkle,' so the bridal boutique added the designer's glitter tulle underneath the skirt, so that there is a sparkle coming through the material. The glitter looks beautiful when it moves but is not 'in your face', especially when the sun is out; it comes alive at night.
This dress would be perfect for someone who is fashion-forward and wants to be able to twirl around and have their 'fairy princess' moment when dancing.
Alterations & Fit
- The dress has undergone expert alterations at the same bridal boutique where I bought it (Janene's Bridal in Alameda, California) to add the glitter tulle and remove some of the boning in the stomach area that was 'pokey' and made it difficult to breathe.
- Because the boning was only removed below the waist (less than an inch was removed), the dress did not lose any structure.
- While I started with a size 24 for bust coverage (you will still need Hollywood tape to keep the "ladies" in place!), it was altered down to my measurements as listed (I wear a US dress size 18/20).
- My bust measures 50"
- My measurements are accurate as of when I wore it, and I had plenty of room to breathe--we did not go for a 'tight' fit. There is a slight sinch feeling right at the narrowest part of the waist in order to get the swan-princess shape.
- Because the dress is A-line, the important measurements are bra size (should fit up to bra size 40 DDD/F) and waist (my waist measures 42 inches at the smallest part). At the fullest point, my bust measured 50 inches around.
After the wedding, the dress was professionally dry cleaned at a local cleaner so we could ensure quality.
I am also willing to part with my veil for a very reasonable price if you would like to go for the complete look! Please email NearlyNewlywed to let them know if you would like it before you purchase this dress or if you have any questions.
From the Designer
Get ready to turn heads in this chic ball gown with a floral tulle skirt! This mixed creation features a Mikado bodice with clean lines and a skinny plunge, complete with shoestring straps for an effortless simplicity. The V-side cutouts mirror the scooped V-back perfectly, showing your skin in an elevated new way. The multi-layer tulle skirt makes a bold statement with a variety of large-scale floral patterns intermingling throughout the gown and against the wide horsehair trim for a structured yet airy hemline. The back of the gown zips beneath four fabric-covered buttons at the base of the open back, before flowing out into a short, effortless train for a frothy finish.
Once you have placed your order the Seller will be notified. Nearly Newlywed will then check that the dress is authentic and matches to the seller's description. The item will then be shipped to you upon approval. Please allow up to three weeks for delivery.
This item is returnable as priced, less a $50 return fee. If using any promotional code for an additional % off, it will not be eligible for return. For more details on our returns policies please visit our FAQ.